Re: Winterizing my rocco.

Every MKII Scirocco I have seen has a factory undercoat that is tuffer than
any aftermarket system I have yet seen.  However, it will rust where bolts
on the underbody have been removed or new parts (like brake lines or
brackets) have been installed.  Touch up these areas with tar roof patch, it
works!  Also, the rear sheet metal under the bumper gave me problems on my
first rocco, check to see if exposed metal is showing.

Notice how the AC comes on with heat and defrost!  I know this is how VW
wanted it, but I don't want my engine to have to turn a compressor at 0 deg.
outside.  I have seen the ground for the AC disconected on other VWs and my
own when I got it.  I plan on installing a toggle switch to turn off the AC
when I want to.

Get BOSCH wipers if you don't already have them, there is not any better!

This will be my 2nd rocco winter, I am looking forward to it because the car
is fun in snow, and isn't anything to look at anyway!

Ben Smith

84 8v