Re: Compression In 16V

In a message dated 9/22/99 10:54:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time, SnowJ@aetna.com
writes:

<< hat's the standard compression for a 16v rocco.

 My compression test came out:

 175-177-175-210

 I was told bad very bad... >>

Well I am no mechanic or have much experience with compression tests.  But in
referencing my Bently manual for the scirocco 16v it says that compression
Specs for a new engine would be 145-189 psi.  So you have the compression of
a new engine with the exception of 210 which is better than a new engine. The
wear limit is 109psi and max difference between cyliders is 44psi.  Sounds
like to me this mech. is pulling you leg.

Brian 86 16v