Non-Rocco, Jetta Question

	I have a 92 Jetta GL with the 1.8L in it. I have noticed recently that
when you start it for the first time of the day or after it has been
sitting for like 6 hours or so, the car spits out a puff of smoke and then
it clears. The car uses very little oil and I am assuming whatever is being
used is what is being burnt on startup when it does this. What would cause
such a thing. I am thinking valve seals myself, but I don't really want to
think that as those would be a pain in the sitting place to replace. Anyone
have any suggestions. I figured this was a good place to ask considering
the car has basically the same engine as my 85 8v Scirocco has in it.

Thanks,
Chris