Should be an easy one for you pros (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 15 Sep 99 14:43:34 PDT
From: Ruben <candidasa@netscape.net>
To: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org
Subject: Should be an easy one for you pros

I just got back from a shop, my '86 16v with a new clutch. Ever had your
clutch go out on a busy bridge full of commuters?  I'm sure my car was
mentioned on all the local radio stations. Problem now is that the 'shift now
stupid' light on the dash is on most of the time.  It's like it's working in
reverse.  When I'm on the highway it's on.  The shop wanted more cash, I had
to leave town for a few weeks, so I told them to forget it.  They're liable to
screw up something else anyway.  Now I noticed that the backup lights don't
work either.  The shop says there is a switch that controls both under the
coolant return bottle.  Couldn't find anything that he described.

What do I need to look for and where is it?

Thanks for the help.

Ruben

RC