Re: 2.0 L Conversion Details

-- Bill Scarince <Bill.Scarince@tenneco-automotive.com> wrote:

> Now that I've got a 2L block for my '88 Scirocco
> heading my way, I've started
> wondering about the effects of the resulting
> compression ratio I'll see with
> this head/block combo.  My question:  Is the CR that
> I'll get with this combo of
> stock parts ok, or will I have to make changes to
> raise/lower the compression?
> If changes are recommended, what should I aim for?
> Are the off-the-shelf
> performance cams and CIS modifications optimized for
> certain compression ratios?
>
> Bill Scarince
uh . . . is this a 16V . . . or an 8V?

===
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
FOR SALE: NEUSPEED 22MM front bar with NEW hardware $90
Free: Dual outlet A1 manifold - nds studs (in MD)