2.0 L Conversion Details

Now that I've got a 2L block for my '88 Scirocco heading my way, I've started
wondering about the effects of the resulting compression ratio I'll see with
this head/block combo.  My question:  Is the CR that I'll get with this combo of
stock parts ok, or will I have to make changes to raise/lower the compression?
If changes are recommended, what should I aim for?  Are the off-the-shelf
performance cams and CIS modifications optimized for certain compression ratios?

Bill Scarince