RE: Scirocco revs, but doesn't go

That definitely sounds like one of your driveshafts is not "working,"
especially since the speedo needle moves. If the speedo needle moves,
then the differential is turning and somewhere between the diff. and the
wheels is where the problem is. I've heard of CV's giving up their ghost
in an explosion of sharred metal, during acceleration while turning, but
never by pulling on it. If that's the case, then I'd count yourself
lucky that it didn't leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Both front wheels were on the ground, right?

Put in that new (remanufactured?) CV (driveshaft?) and see if it fixes
the problem.

let us know either way.

Jonas
85 Scirocco