Re: Hood and Fender needed for '79 and.....

--- Kirsten Jensen <kat1127@hotmail.com> wrote:
>   After crashing my baby in November, I finally just
> now finished repairing
> the damage done. Unfortunatlly, the hood and fender
> I put on in the interim,
> have suffered greatly.  The hood is so misaligned,
> that I have to fight for
> ten minutes just to shut it!

Adjustment can be difficult - even for a stock hood. Unfortunately, my
experience with aftermarket hoods has been bad (insurance
"settlement").

  If anyone knows of any
> quality hoods or > fenders available, I would much appreciate any
info.

If you are on the west coast, there's a good chance you might find a
good used one.

>  Also, Shocky Jr. (my
> '79 scirocco), is in DESPERATE need of a new exhaust
> system, despite my
> recent replacment of my exhaust manifold, and
> muffler.  If anyone has any
> ideas regarding that.....?

I like the TT system, but I don't like the muffler that came with my
last one. Maybe the TT system with a Bora muffler? Talk to Potterman .
. .

  While I'm at it, any
> info on suspension systems?

I love H&R springs. I've had Eibach, which are not done right for the
MK1. I've heard nothing but good things about Neuspeed as well. HOR
tech are HORrible from all I've heard. Stay away from Suspension
Techniques . . .

>   I love my car dearly, so nothing but the best for
> my baby of course (he is
> so damn good to me!).
>
>   By the way, does anyone know why after painting my
> valve cover, and hence
> replacing the gasket, it might leak.  Nary a leak
> was there before.....

Dunno - all nuts tightened evenly?

> I'd appreciate any information....
>
> Thanks you,
>
> Shocky Jr. and Kirsten

HTH,

===
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
FOR SALE: NEUSPEED 22MM front bar with NEW hardware $90
Free: Dual outlet A1 manifold - nds studs (in MD)