RE: Torque steer part II

Hi Stuart,

C&R fitted the brace bar for me. It was on their four poster with its wheels
in the air at the time, and it was a right pain to do. This was long before
the prang though.

I am a member of the Scirocco Register. Why? Do you think they may have some
ideas?

Mike

>I put new poly bushings, an Autocavan lower brace bar and new ball joints
on
>my GTX all at the same time. One of the ball joints failed within 15000
>miles so I wouldn't rule it out. I can't remember it affecting the handling
>though.
>
>Did you fit the brace bar yourself? When I fitted mine, I had a job to bolt
>it up - I bolted it to the offside first, but the other end was about 1" in
>front of the nearside mounting & I  had to use some force to get it to line
>up. I put this down to getting all four wheels off the ground when I took a
>hump-back bridge at 70 - it came down really hard. However, it handles OK,
>and I only get torque steer in 1st at full throttle.
>
>Are you a member of the Scirocco Register?
*****
*****
are addressed. Please note that ICM is able to, and reserves the right to,
monitor e-mail communications passing through its network.

If you have received this email in error please notify our mail
manager at mailman@icm-computer.co.uk

Ver 1.1 1999 ICM Computer Group plc