RE: Black stuff in overflow tank

Ok people, a good way to clean header tanks:

Note!!! this only works on the simple ones, not the A3 golf type with the
complicated mouldings inside.

Block up the inlets and outlets, leaving the main filler hole open. Half
fill it with evil chemicals of your choice - I use cellulose thinners - then
put a handful of sharp sand (building sand) in it too. Screw the lid on,
then shake the crap out of it! The thinners dissolves the crud, and the sand
blasts it off. Works too....but you may have to do it a couple of times for
really bad ones.

Just make sure you rinse it out properly :-)

Mike

>  did anyone every figure out how the hell to get this out? i received a
>used on in the mail today and it's simply coated with the stuff. i know
>i said i used a toothbrush last time, but this stuff here is murder
>(looks like they were leaking oil into their coolant or something). i'm
>going to try a degreaser, but i'm not sure if that'll do it. anyone?
*****
*****
are addressed. Please note that ICM is able to, and reserves the right to,
monitor e-mail communications passing through its network.

If you have received this email in error please notify our mail
manager at mailman@icm-computer.co.uk

Ver 1.1 1999 ICM Computer Group plc