Re: List opinion on keeping the Roc

** Reply to note from Shannon Fenton <sfenton@telegroup.com> Fri, 10 Sep 1999 14:01:52 -0500

> Its got a bent driverside driveshaft with ripped boots, ripped boots on the passenger side. Torn steering rack boot,
> blown front shocks and probably blown rears but Im not sure of that. Completely trashed tires. Im looking at dropping a
> total of $555 for H&R springs, Boge struts, and the new boots and rebuilt driveshaft. I love the car but its really
> sucking me dry. Is it worth doing the suspension or should I just replace the boots and driveshaft and call it even and
> try to afford tires. Or should I just toss a match into the pit. Dont get me wrong I love the car but...damn

  A few years ago, when we got a Jetta, I was almost ready to let the Scirocco go. The dealer was ready to make the sale
for me in his showroom. But a funny thing happened: the poor thing looked at me every time I drove by, so I took it back
home, poured a few (much) dollars in it (at one point I called it "the money pit"), and now after a new suspension, a
redone clutch, a new gas tank, new injectors, new spark plugs, ... well, you get the picture.  I paid CAN $430 just for a
good tune up this spring (that included parts for the fuel system and 8 hours of work)

  It now has 251K km, and I am willing to keep it for another 251K. That means until the year 2014 at least.

  So don't give up. Cruising down with the windows down and the top open on a hot sunny summer day in a great little car
has no price :-)

  Jean-Claude
  ICQ: 47403427

  84 8v