Re: Cloth Insert on Door

Wayne,

Fixed this on the driver's door on my Scirocco 16V before.

Best way is to first pry off the plastic backing panel that the cloth
'adheres' to from the door panel.  Use a putty knife or razor blade to do
this.

Then carefully pull off the fabric so that you've got clear access to all
patches that are no longer sticking.  I used a spray-on contact adhesive
specifically for auto trim purposes.  You'll need to spray both the plastic
backing and back of the cloth, of course.  Let each section dry and press
back together.

Then use brush on or roll on contact cement to re-adhere the plastic backing
panel edges to the backside of the door panel.

Mine looks a lot better than it used to.

Good luck!

Jay Bichanich