Re: relaying my 16v computers on my '81 scirocco

>Is the rotor on right?????

As far as I know. It's an old rotor (I broke the new one putting it on..
pain in my ass), but it works. Doesn't matter, cause there's no spark from
the primary wire to engine block ground when the starter's cranking. There
IS, however a single spark from this primary wire (from the coil) to the
engine block ground as the key is turned to the 'on' position before I
attempt to start it.

>Did you swap the coil???

Yes, I'm using the 16v coil. The 8v one won't accept the 16v's primary wire.
Even so, I can assume the coil is working because I get the aforementioned
spark, and that coil worked fine with the running engine before the swap.

Is there something that tells the coil to spark at all, or when to spark? I
know the hall sender is working perfectly (performed tests described in
Bentley). The ICU is all good.

I have a feeling everything's hooked up correctly, and just one thing
crapped out on me.

The wires going into the coil are giving me the right voltage and are also
powering the computers sufficiently.

Little question: There are two green wires coming off one conductor of the
negative (terminal 1) side of the coil. One is a 1.5mm wire that goes to the
Ignition Control Unit. One is a 0.5mm wire that seemingly comes to a dead
end at t1b (a connector that is right by the coolant temperature sensor,
etc).
At that t1b, there's also a white/blue wire I can't find in my Bentley
anywhere. Could this wire be a culprit? I doubt it, but I wanna exhaust
every option first.

Lemme make sure I understand what's going on with the coil:

The coil gets its power positive directly from the ignition switch? The coil
negative comes from the ignition control unit?

Ugh.

-Dave