RE: 020 tranny cases

I dont think they will, and if they do fit that would be odd!

-----Original Message-----
From: Brett P VanSprewenburg [mailto:brettv@rocketmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 1999 2:17 PM
To: scirocco
Subject: Re: 020 tranny cases

---POTATO! <theforce@invasion.com> wrote:

> are all the 020 tranny bellhousings/casings the same size?.....(would the
> internals from a 16v tranny fit in a 4k/2h case?......
>
> dave

I know the outside dimensions are all quite close, however, the 16v main
input shaft is larger diameter...so the hole for the mainshaft in the 8v
case is smaller...having never actually taken this out, I'm merely taking
an educated guess.  Maybe it's all taken up by some sort of bearing
carriers...?

==Brett