RE: help. . . tranny fluid and CV boot

---Aaron Ness <Aaron@makuta.com> wrote:

> I believe I saw something in a manual about the proper level actually being
> above the fill plug as the tranny is oriented in the car.  Based on this,
> you would either have to pull the tranny (or at least unbolt and rotate it),
> or fill through the speedo hole if you want enough oil.  Is this correct, or
> was I fed a line of crap?  I don't recall where I saw that information.
>
> Aaron
> '84 Scirocco - Woo-hoo!

I've had good success with merely jacking up that side of the car a little
and pouring it in through the fill/check hole...no speedo hold-down screw
to strip, no strap to lose, no speedo gear to chip or drop back into the
transmission, no snaking a funnel down past all the crap in the way or
pouring expensive gear oil on the floor when I didn't realize the funnel
tip had 'bumped' up out of the speedo hole... :)

==Brett