Torque steer from hell

Hi All,

I've just resubscribed to the list 'cos I have a major problem. (some of you
might remember me from three months ago - mkII GTX with 17s in the uk).

The problem is my car will pull to the right when accelerating and will dive
left when I lift off. It will only do this if the steering wheel is held
tight. If you let go of the wheel (or hold it very loosely) and try it, it
goes in a straight line, and the wheel moves. It has been doing this since
it was bashed on the front left corner.
I have had it checked on a jig and it was perfectly ok, *but* the left front
wheel is ¼ inch further back in the arch the the right front. The wheelbase
is the same on both sides (odd!). The castor is slightly different side to
side, but not by much.
I also have a mkII Storm which has been hit on the opposite corner - this
was actually pulled on a jig, and drives perfectly. Rather strangely, the
left front wheel is also in the same place as the GTX! I have checked on
another GTX which has never been hit, and the wheels are in the correct
place, but every measurement I can make on the floorpans of all three cars
come out to within 2-3mm!

Aaarg! I can't work this out!

Does anyone have any bright ideas? I had thought the problem was because of
the positioning of the wheels, but the Storm is ok. Maybe something has
moved on the GTX that I can't see?

Thanks,

Mike Smith
*****
*****
are addressed. Please note that ICM is able to, and reserves the right to,
monitor e-mail communications passing through its network.

If you have received this email in error please notify our mail
manager at mailman@icm-computer.co.uk

Ver 1.1 1999 ICM Computer Group plc