Re: oil cooler/oil heat exchanger combo?

Jonas Karlsson wrote:

> So at high temps, with the oil thermostat fully open, the water temp might
> be
> higher than the temp of the oil returning from the oil cooler, and thus
> the heat-exchanger is working more to cool the water temps. :-)

Yes, this is what I've come to also. I think that the key here is being able
to control the heat exchanger with either a manual switch or a thermostat of
it's own. After it warms up sufficiently, it should stop circulating engine
coolant through itself. Hmm... How could I rig this?... Somehow, use a
regular thermostat but in reverse position? -but mounted in what? Or if I did
a manual switch, what kind of valve would do it?

Hmm.... I'd rather make it automatic, but don't have a clue how to do it
either way. Ideas?
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut