Re: Broken trip reset fix?

** Reply to note from "Stuart Castledine" <stu@green-fuz.freeserve.co.uk> Mon, 6 Sep 1999 22:00:18 +0100

> Any of this sound familiar?
>
> Other self-destructing interior items:
>
> Glove box door lock comes off

  Nope. But the latch that props the glove compartment door open broke.
I used sweat and epoxy to fix it.

> Sunroof handle keeps falling down

  I broke mine. When I got the new one, I filled it with epoxy. Still going
strong 12 years later.

> Steering column creaks when turning left

  Mine squeals when it gets close to full left or full right.
  But a few years back, it would sound the horn, until I put a drop of
silicone on the screw that holds the connector.

> Original steering wheel rim split & came off in chunks

  Leather. I just need to moisten it from time to time.

> Seat release cable just broke - again

  Has not happened yet.

> Door panel trim loose

  Yes. Again, a dab of silicone works wonders!

  But how about an electric antenna that keeps expanding and falls over the
fender? Or a electric driver side window that only goes down? Or a rebuilt
clutch? Or a broken passenger side seat back adjustment knob? Or tarnished
outside mirrors? Or intermittently working rear wiper? Or rusting fenders?

  But I love that car, even after 15 years :-)

  Jean-Claude
  ICQ: 47403427

  84 8v