Re: Scirocco Top Speed?

At 4:15 pm -0700 5/9/99, Brian Honnold wrote:
>Yeah, that's how I envisioned it working on a 16V.  However, you left the
>red/yellow wire from the knock sensor brain unconnected right???  I think
>that this wire still needs to be hooked up to something..........try
>splicing it into the same ground that you put the wire from terminal 87 of
>the F/P relay into.

How would that change things, though?  I don't know enough about CIS-E to
make an educated guess...

But it seems like there's something other than the fuel pump relay/ O2
sensor brain controlling the rev limiter.  It's gotta be something in the
ignition.  Maybe the 16v, because of valve float/interference issues at
high rpm, has a redundant rev limiter in the ignition brain?