Re: Long time owners of TT exhausts

	I have a TT racing downpipe bypassing the cat and full TT 2.5 cat back
with a MagnaFlow. Had it for about 2.5 years now. The muffler does suck,
after two months i noticed fibre glass wadding coming out and  the sound
grew into a very loud buzz. I put a resonated tip on and that took the edge
off tone. It never has quite lined up right and falls off the last rear
hanger every month or so.
	If I had it to do all over again I still wouldve bought the system with
the exclusion on the magnaflow. But since you dont have a choice when you
buy thiers on with or without a muffler,  I would have cut off which ever
one it came with and either go with a Borla or Flowmaster muffler.

87 16V

At 11:43 PM 8/31/99 -0400, Sean Clark wrote:
>Hey,
>    I've been trying to make up my mind about exhausts for quite some
>time.  Many people that I have talked to locally tell me to steer away
>from Dynomax/Magnaflow/ultraflow mufflers because they rust easily and
>the packing within the muffler breaks down in about 2 years.  Would
>anyone who has had a TT exhaust w/ one of these mufflers for 3-5 yrs
>care to comment?  My buddies tell me to go for Borla, but I can't find a
>system that's not astronomically expensive for a 16v.  Let me know what
>the long term performance of the TT mufflers is like...
>
>-Sean
>

>--

Thank You for your Time,
     Shannon Fenton