Re: Scirocco Top Speed?

>At 12:54 pm -0700 5/9/99, Brian Honnold wrote:
>>Riley,
>>
>>Please tell me how you did what ever you did.
>>
>>When i had the 86 GTI CIS-E setup in my MkI I had no rev limiter.  I kept
>>all the stock wiring and just to be on the safe side with the CIS-E i
>>spliced that wire from the computer into the fuel pump relay ground.
>>
>>Brian
>
>K, here's what I did - I checked my Bentley, and found that R/Y wire that
>came from the computer and went into the fusebox at D13 or 16 or whatever
>it was.  I cut that, and grounded the end that came from the fusebox at one
>of the 2 round multiple ground points just to the right of the box.  This
>gave terminal 87 of the fuel pump relay  a constant ground so long as the
>ignition was turned on.  This is what you did too, right?

Yeah, that's how I envisioned it working on a 16V.  However, you left the
red/yellow wire from the knock sensor brain unconnected right???  I think
that this wire still needs to be hooked up to something..........try
splicing it into the same ground that you put the wire from terminal 87 of
the F/P relay into.

Because my setup was a stock MkI to start with, the circuit for the fuel
pump was complete.  I took that wire from the knock brain and spliced it in
to the stock F/P ground wire because it made sense to hook it up
there...........Kinda a reverse polish way of looking at it......I figured
that even if there was no fuel pump relay, that that red/yellow wire needed
a home. :-)

Keith Davenport is currently running my old setup the same way i had it (but
I don't know if he hooked that wire to anything) and he also has no rev
limiter.

Brian