Fwd: [VWofT] Overheating 86 Rocco 8V

Please respond to the guy below, not to me.  I just picked this up
from another mailing list.

<< start of forwarded material >>

From: alltek@hotmail.com

I'm having a problem with my Rocco. It's Overheating. I was wondering
if some one can give me any ideas. I just bought it last Wednesday.
She was overheating and fluid came from the reserve. My cousin (Owner
of a 87 16V) and I started diagnosing it. We noticed that the fan
wasn't comming on so we tested it. Works good. We thought it was the
thermo switch. Changed it with a new one. Fan Still didn't come on.
We them noticed that the side of the rad with the thermo swithch on
it was cold. Thats why the fan didnt come one.We then changed the
thermostat(dealer) thinking it was closed and not circulating.
Started it same problem. Thought the rad was cloged. Took the rad out
flushed it. No problem circulates fine. Also flushed the engine water
circulates. Monday we are going to change the water pump. Does anyone
know what the problem might be? Im sorry about the long note but I
wanted to let you guys know what we've don so far.

   THANX CHRIS
   NEW OWNER OF 86 ROCCO
   alltek@hotmail.com

Create a list for FRIENDS & FAMILY...
...and YOU can WIN $100 to Amazon.com.  For details, go to

  VWoT (VWs of Toronto) Club
  http://www.lunaticfringe.org/vwot/

<< end of forwarded material >>
| Jim Jarrett                      http://www2.rpa.net/~jarrett |