choices, choices...

ok, here is my deal. I have an 84 8v VW scirocco sitting around that I have
halfassed tried to start building into a rally car. I know it will be quite
awhile before I will be able to actually race, but I thought in the mean
time, it would be fun to build and give me somthing to do. it needs
EVERYTHING. susp, engine, tranny work etc... I am making ok money for a
college kid and I dont have any bills. (thanks for letting me live at home
for free mom and dad...) the dilema is... my daily driver is a nice 1989
Mitsu Starion, aka Chrysler Conquest. I really want to make if go fast, but
have to choose between it and the rally car. What would you guys do?