Re: Help needed : Info about U.S. MOMO rims

 >I think you should call MOMO.

yes I want to contact MOMO,
but before I want  to know at least
which type/model of MOMO rims I own.

>Your MOMO wheels should have markings on the front side
>of the rim between the spokes. The letters should be raised
>and part of the casting.
>The markings would say something like:
>"MOMO MADE IN ITALY  TYP A228  ET23  2 DX 16 42"

Doug,  I really wish they had this.
 I expected them to have this, then it would be no problem
at all, but there is plain NOTHING on them, probably polished away.
 ( I spent minutes of desperately looking at them to find any clue,
 even on the rear side is just nothing helpful.

>I have a list of distributors for Momo from 1988. I think we should
>call some of them to see if they know anything about your rims or copies.
>They just may have some older spec sheets on your rims.

 that's exactly what I hope.
 If I have the code / type I will try my luck first in Germany,
 as they will probably have the kind of data sheets I need.

 >You could have MOMO copies. In the US several after market
>people make BBS and MOMO copies. Your rims could be AR or Prime.
>I hope they are real Momo because it would be hard to find information on
>copies.

 True, I would really be very unhappy if there not at least real MOMO.

 there is a light at the end of the tunnel :
Chris de Long sent me a picture of his Mk1, the wheels on his car
look exactly like mine, this is a first clue...

I just returned from a wheel-center here, to have my wheels
balanced before the trip.
There I got more bad news on the MOMOs :
Two of the rims are bent, one could not be completely balanced at all.
So I better not have made this deal in the end .. :-(

 we're driving 1000 km to Hungary
this night, to visit list member Macsek, his wife and his 16v :-)
I want to drive with the '84 GTX ( I don't want to stress my '83
on bad roads ) We will start at 3AM, to have a few hours
with less traffic on the road, to drive with v_max a while.

 We have no access to my mails the next days, however
 I can still read whats new on the list when I'm in Hungary :-)

Have a nice weekend !
dirk & Tina