Re: Help needed : Info about U.S. MOMO rims

Hello Dirk,
I hope this helps you,

I think you should call MOMO.

MOMO CORSE srf
Strada del Francese, 97/50C- 10156
Torino Italy
Tel 011-4705057
Fax 011-4701507
www.momo.it

Your MOMO wheels should have markings on the front side
of the rim between the spokes. The letters should be raised and part of the
casting.
The markings would say something like:

"MOMO MADE IN ITALY  TYP A228  ET23  2 DX 16 42"

I have a list of distributors for Momo from 1988. I think we should
call some of them to see if they know anything about your rims or copies.
They just may have some older spec sheets on your rims.

The area codes may have changed because of all the new area codes that have
been added.

California: Plus One inc. 415-487-6700
Colorado: Performance One 303-238-0006
Florida: Momo USA, inc. 303-593 0493 or  800-828-2262
Georgia: Roadshow 404-237-9965
New York: Wilco 716-442-7050
Ohio: Truesports 614-876-0565
Oregon: Art Stearns 503-232-7186
Puerto Rico: Car Shoppe 809-793-7544
Texas: Star Tire 713-240-7313

You could have MOMO copies. In the US several after market
people make BBS and MOMO copies. Your rims could be AR or Prime.
I hope they are real Momo because it would be hard to find information on
copies.

Doug and Kathy
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"
81 8v red MK1 Scirocco "S"
90 16v 2.0 Passat WGN 5 speed

Message text written by "Dirk Schneider"

<