Re: Scirocco sitings or lack thereof

bret wrote:

> >A friend and I went on a roadtrip to the Tempe/Phoenix area, and on the
> whole
> >trip I only saw two Sciroccos! One was spotted in Oregon, a Silver MKII and
> >the other was in Tempe, an orange rocco, which I think was also an MKII,
> >possibly 16v, but it drove off too quickly. Anyhow, I am very disappointed
> >that I did not see more roccos.
>
> here in Dallas (I know there are some other listers around here as well)  I
> see about 2 a year (not counting my 2 and the same 82 I have been pulling
> parts off of for the last year)......not that many I know.......maybe I live
> in the wrong neighborhood or something.  I see lots of Impulses (ick) but
> that's about it...........

  here in central ohio it's a good day to see maybe one. most of the
time, the only one i see it the other one that some girl a my school
"drives". even finding parts at the junkyard is a pain in the ass. the
only mkii is the one i'm pulling parts off of right now and the other is
an mk1 (exterior in very good shape) at another yard downtown. all
together i *might* see 6 a year, not including shows. and though it's
not a scirocco, i see maybe a dozen corrados a year.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://members.tripod.com/~foxx/index.htm