From: Brett Van Sprewenburg [mailto:brett@netacc.net]
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 1999 11:33 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: What about the calendar?

>On a semi-related, is everybody still interested in the
>calendar idea that was kicked around a few months ago?  I
>know that Brett has mentioned posting submissions of photos
>on scirocco.org and letting everyone vote on what ones to
>include...   I've got a couple pics I could send to him
>almost immediately, and I *know* Cammisa does as well.
>(Not to mention stuff from Brett himself and Jim Jarrett)
>
>When do you want submissions Brett???  :)
>
>===
>Daun Yeagley

If we're all still serious about this, here's the deal:

I wanted to make a scirocco mailing list calendar the for the
year 2000.  I know some people that can get it done for us, I
think the final price would be $10-$14.  It'll include some months
of 2001.  There will be a cover picture, a back picture, a main
picture for every month, and small pictures marking favorite holidays.

These would be printed at a nice high quality, so web type and sized
images need not apply.  Capture images of your car with a FILM camera,
35mm prefered (you probably don't own a digital camera capable enough
for this printing requirements). Compose your pictures well.
Consider the lighting, framing and background.  Take several from
different angles.  Take some close ups, get some interesting photos.
Send the negs to me, and I'll scan them at the highest possible
quality (PhotoCD Imaging Workstation).

I'll put up all the candidates on Scirocco.org, where the members will
go and look through them and vote on their favorites.  The top 12+
will get the big pictures, with the others filling in some of the 'day'
boxes with smaller pictures.  This is the fairest way I can think of
doing it.

This won't happen without lotsa support from the other list members.

If you want this to happen, go out to a park, pose your car (with the
sun behind you, unless you're really good. :) ) and take a few
shots.

When you have the photos, contact me via email (brett@netacc.net)
and I'll send you my mailing address for the slides/negs.

If this sounds ok, then get to work!  Summer is ending, photo
opportunities are dwindling.

I'll just handle this between my actually job, my family, my car, the
scirocco web site, helping other people with their projects (but I like
to help!), designing new scirocco list t-shirts, making gauge faces...
whatever... :)

later.

==Brett