Re: Weird Engine Stumble

>I recently had a fuel pump relay & pump replaced on my  '86 16v along >with
>a new distributor.  But I'm still suffering an intermittent >(every ten
>minutes or so) engine stumble plus a clicking sound from >the driver's side
>of the dash.  My mechanic can't duplicate this >problem and says that both
>fuel pumps appear to be running fine.  >Even when the engine's running fine
>it doesn't seem quite up to its >usual power, though my mechanic can't find
>anything wrong on his >scope.  What gives?

Have you or your mechanic check ground wires.  Specifically the ones that
attach to the upper intake manifold by the throttle body.  Some may be bad.
My car would do the same thing you are talking about until the car got to be
almost undrivable.  The mechanic found one or more of those wires to be the
problem.

HTH

Josh Strait
1988 Scirocco 16v (black)