tires. . .

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for some tire advice. . . looks like I'm
going to have to purchase a set of tires for 16" rims
on a 16v I'll hopefully purchase tomorrow. .. today.
. . 215/40 16 . . . tire rack's website yielded
several options.  Michelin Pilot SX GT's @ $161,
Pirelli P7000's @ $102, and Yokohama 052A's @ $112.
Treadlife rating on all these, however is in the
160-180 range.

I'm also looking at Toyo. . . I'm running Fz4's on my
current 'rocco 195/50 15 and they're decent and
holding up pretty well. . . wish the sidewalls were a
bit stiffer though. Both the T1-s's and Fz4's come in
the size I need and have 280 and 300 treadlife
ratings. . . do these things last forever because of
some zen compound they're cooking up?  Or does the
performance really suffer some. . . 'cause I'm
inclined to shell out for the more expensive T1-s's if
they're all people claim they are.

Anyways, if anyone has any input on what to get,
please let me know. . . I'd really like to hear horror
stories about any of the above mentioned tires as well
so I can avoid an expensive mistake. . . also, other
options for high performance tires would be helpful.

Thanks,
'Chung

=====