Re: Window regulators

--- Ewan Hopkins <Ewan.Hopkins@computeraid.co.uk>
wrote:
> Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the
> plastic slider, i.e. the part the glass attaches to,
>  from the window regulator without breaking it.  In
> both my electric window regulators, the guides are
> worn so there is a lot play and the glass sticks on
> the way up.  I've just broken an '82 scirocco with
> perfect manual regulators so I'm considering
> swapping the plastic slider.  It looks like the
> slider will just pop off the wire but I don't want
> to force it if all I'm going to do it break it.  Any
> BTDTs? Alternatively, is it relatively easy to
> convert the whole regulator assembly from manual to
> powered?  I haven't looked at the powered ones but,
> from looking at the manual ones,  it looks like it
> might be a PITA to do.
>
> TIA,

Ewan,

I don't know about the sliders, but you can swap in
regulators very easily. I removed the power regulators
from my '82 and replaced them with manual.

Going the opposite way would be simple, wiring would
be the only painful thing for me.

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM