Window regulators

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the plastic slider, i.e. the part the glass attaches to,  from the window regulator without breaking it.  In both my electric window regulators, the guides are worn so there is a lot play and the glass sticks on the way up.  I've just broken an '82 scirocco with perfect manual regulators so I'm considering swapping the plastic slider.  It looks like the slider will just pop off the wire but I don't want to force it if all I'm going to do it break it.  Any BTDTs? Alternatively, is it relatively easy to convert the whole regulator assembly from manual to powered?  I haven't looked at the powered ones but, from looking at the manual ones,  it looks like it might be a PITA to do.

TIA,

Ewan Hopkins.

This footnote confirms that this e-mail message and any files transmitted
with it have been swept by the Computeraid IT Services Department for the
presence of computer viruses.

To find out about the Services Computeraid can offer, visit us at
                                                                                www.computeraid.co.uk