Electric Windows/Door locks

Car: 84 Scirocco Wolfsburg

My driver's side window doesn't do up or down.  The motor works and
sometimes it catches, brings the window down and then it won't go back up
although the motor is working.  I hear it working anyways.  this is my
first Mk2 so bear with me.

In regards to the door locks, the hatch lock should also be opened and
closed when you turn the key, right?  When I turn the key in the driver's
side door, the passenger side lock opens but the hatch one doesn't.  Again
I hear something running in the hatch and I'm assuming that it's the motor
or whatever is back there.  What should I be looking for?  TIA!

Sal
81 Scirocco
84 Rabbit (now Gti)
84 Scirocco Wolfsburg