Re: Starting/running problems

I feel for you.  I had problems similar to that when I started chasing
down my electrical gremlins.  One thing I can suggest is to check all of
the vacuum lines (and all of the other hoses and such) for air leaks.  I
actually had the vacuum line that runs into the back of the throttle body
fall off and crate all sorts of problems...)  Maybe even the injector
seals?  I did find some of those things to be wrong and i solved many
problems.  It's an old car, and the rubber will get brittle.  Many people
on this list have already said it, but if you don't already own a Bently
manual, get one!

Unfortunatly, I can think of so many things that could cause this problem
that it makes it difficult to "armchair diagnose."

Of course, if all else fails, check the grounds.  It seems that anything
that can EVER go wrong with Sciroccos can be caused by bad grounds...
:-p

Brian

'82 Scirocco (aka "Fritz")
'85 Jetta