Re: good engine for a mk1

Ryan Schuermann wrote:

> um wow man you guys must get good engines and cheap prices!
> there is no way in hell a 2.0L 16v engine can be had and
> installed and last a long time for $2,000, are you forgetting
> hes going to have to switch to cis-e, and get that engine r/r'd

Um, Ryan? I bought a complete wrecked 1988 Scirocco 16v for $1200 and that was
over four years ago! I then sold the 1.8l 16v motor for $300 and then bought a
fine 2.0l 16v for less than $400 from Jonas Miller. I've had the block checked
my a VW master mechanic and everything is in good shape. Really, these things
are still new at 100k miles! Plus, I got *every* last bit that I'd ever need to
make the conversion.

And then remember, you don't *need* to swap over to CIS-E. That's just a
enhancement over CIS which will work fine.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut