Re: Oil pump not operating well?

<x-flowed>>

>Then another thought crossed my mind: what if there really is low
>pressure? Oil is filled up, so that leaves the pump itself. Is there any
>way that the pump is not operating at full power, so that the oil pressure
>is not what it should be? Any way to diagnose a failing pump without
>having to remove the darn oil pan? (it was a PITA in the 8V, and I imagine
>it will be in the 16V, too).
>
>I know it has been talked about a bit, but are there any listers who have
>actually done what I have done with the sender, and are they seeing the
>same effect?
>

>Thanks,
>
>Elias

I really hate to point this out...but what's your oil pressure gauge say?

When my 1.8L was pushing 90k miles, unless I was running 20w50, sometimes
I'd get a little oil pressure light flash at idle when things were hot.
My oil pressure gauge read about 5-8psi then...now with a fresh everything
under the hood, and much lower oil viscosity, I'm at 10-15psi idle pressure.

What's the viscosity you're running again?

==Brett