Re: ok. . da tranny's doing strange stuff

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999 22:57:52 -0700 (PDT) Pei-Chung Ting
<chungsteroonie@yahoo.com> writes:
>Hello everyone,
>
>Had a strange little anomaly while taking the right
>drive axle off my friend's 16v.  Captn. . . there be
>gear oil in tharrr. .  . squirtin' out the ripped CV
>boot it is.  Free lychee filled donuts for whoever
>figures this one out first.

Im not sure what a "lychee filled donut" is but i'll eat anything once.

Ahhhh my lasse, its a simple center cap on der drive flange. The easiest
way to remove it is to stab da bugggarr and give er a twist ya know.

The good news is they're cheap. Just install with care. I use a socket to
pound the cap on. (Well, not pound exactly. More like "persuade".) Be
sure to clean out the gear oil from the inner CV and repack it before
reinstalation. HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and