Re: ND show Y2K, was: Mk1 FS

Kris Rayner wrote:

> True it would be awesome to have it at a place like Laguna Seca,
> but I see one problem with that.  The cost to rent Laguna is in the
> range of $5000 to $7000 per day.  We'd have to pay more than five
> bucks or two cans of food to get in. I'd love to see it happen as
> much as the next person, but what's the entry fee going to be.

Turbo Tim might be willing to eat some or most of the cost of doing that, for
the increased turnout and exposure for ND.  In the grand scheme of things,
that really isn't all that much money.  He takes out big ads in places
like ec, and that rag ain't cheap to advertise in, I guarantee you..

That said - if this thing comes to pass where a bunch of you guys out east
of us trek across country for the show, I suggest you take the southern route
and truck up the coast with us SoCal listers who have made the trip the
past two years.  The ride up California 1 is absolutely BREATHTAKING - one
of THE best drives anywhere in the USA, or the world for that matter.  It
has everything - scenery, awesome twisties for some seriously fun cruising,
etc.  We hammered it all the way up the coast this year and had an
absolute blast!

We really made a helluva showing at this year's event, if we get a bunch of
you coming from BFE, next year would be truly incredible!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0