Re: lychee and cv boots

I'd be very surprised if that was the case as the gear oil would allow too much slop in the joint.  I replaced a CV joint that had been run like that for a while and it was well screwed.

Ewan Hopkins

>>> Pei-Chung Ting <chungsteroonie@yahoo.com> 27/10/99 01:01:02 >>>

  Talked to my mechanic, and he
said that running with gear oil in the CV boot is a
hip way of doing things. . . lubricates better than CV
grease, but no boot on the planet can withstand that
kind of torture for very long.

This footnote confirms that this e-mail message and any files transmitted
with it have been swept by the Computeraid IT Services Department for the
presence of computer viruses.

To find out about the Services Computeraid can offer, visit us at
                                                                                www.computeraid.co.uk