Re: Re.: Whoa! How do I stop this Crazy Thing!

Absolutely not.  Assuming you are running with drums on the rear, if they are not correctly adjusted they have a dire effect on all-round brake performance.  And there's no point in relying on the 'self-adjusting' mechanism as it is worse than useless.  Considering that you can adjust them without even taking the wheel off it's well worth checking.

Ewan Hopkins.

>>> "D&M" <dbarwick@sprynet.com> 27/10/99 03:43:20 >>>

I would avoid adjusting the rear brakes since the front brakes are
responsible for more than 65% of the braking power.  Too much in the rear in
this Oregon weather is a recipe for swapping ends when driving on the Sunset
Hwy!

This footnote confirms that this e-mail message and any files transmitted
with it have been swept by the Computeraid IT Services Department for the
presence of computer viruses.

To find out about the Services Computeraid can offer, visit us at
                                                                                www.computeraid.co.uk