RE: A2 Manifolds / core supports

<x-flowed>Ummm no its not thee same if your talkinga bout a US model diesel rabbit. I
recently replaced thee stock one on my wifes jetta with the euro and it has
17mm nuts for the 6 bolt flange and the gasket is huge by comparison.
Although I have seen the euro ones for about 50$ US at a swap meet with
downpipe. Unfortunately theey aree definitely not the same

>From: "D&M" <dbarwick@sprynet.com>
>To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: RE: A2 Manifolds / core supports
>Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 19:43:22 -0700
>
> >Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 11:28:59 EDT
> >From: DNK006@aol.com
> >Subject: A2 Manifolds / core supports
> >
> >will an A2 Jetta twin downpipe replace my 84 8v's loud single downpipe
> >"choker"?
>
>Do you mean the restrictive single outlet exhaust manifold?  I used the
>exhaust manifold from a diesel Rabbit when I put a stainless tt exhaust on
>my '84 GLI as per the suggestion of VW performance god, Ron Wood of VW
>Specialties.  It is the same "euro" manifold that you need to get more
>*horsepower* yet the junkyards practically give them away.
>
>David Barwick
>Black '88 Scirocco
>Anthracite '84 GLI
>Eugene, OR