Re: getting grim off paint (engine bay)

<x-charset iso-8859-1>

Thanks all for the tips.  I went with some simple green and put the power
washer right up close, and it blew the crap right off the paint (luckily i
held the washer far enough away so that i didn't blow any paint away with
it).

   I used the Castrol super toxomatic formula to do the really stubborn
caked on stuff, and it didn't seem to do anything bad to the paint.  now, if
i could just afford a paint job at the same time as the engine swap i'd be
in business. :(

Owen
87 Scirocco 16v #38 CD-SS.
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1571