Fw: sciroccos and maintenace costs

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Personally I'd take the VW too, but I believe he was adding in the car
payment too!!

Dave

<snip>

  i remember a thread on here a while ago about someone saying that he'd
spent almost $2,000 in repairs this year and it got me thinking. i was
watching tv tnoight and saw a new saturn ad. in it this guy is talking
about how cool his plastic car is and how cheap it is to run. the price
he quoted was $8 a day. total, for the year would be $2,920 and we has
saying that included insurance and gas(?). well, based on the $2,000
repair bill, the $650 a year i pay in insurance (this is my only car),
that leaves me with $270 to go. and considering i fill up once every two
weeks at about $15 per tank, in a year i'm pay about $360 in gas. total:
$3,010. a difference of $90.
  so, to recap, this guy is paying $2,920 for a NEW car that could melt
on a very hot day. i pay $3,010 (based on $2,000 in repairs that you
don't have to pay every year) to drive my '86 8v scirocco on road.
personally, i think i'd take the vw (all bias aside :)
--
 /\_/\   Foxx (in a box)
< o o >   http://foxx.tripod.com