Volkswagen of America RECALL!!!

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Hopefully this isn't a painfully obvious breach of the FAQ section, but I
just received a notice about a recall for (sorry guys) the 1987 and 1988 16V
Scirocco's.  Apparently the fuel tank could develop a hairline crack and
cause leakage in the event of an accident and cause an explosion (!).
Apparently all you need to do is make an appointment with the local VW
dealer and they will inspect and if necessary replace the tank free of
charge.  The job should take between 2 and 3 hours.  Again no charge.

I do not have any recall numbers or phone numbers regarding the situation.
Hell, I don't even know how they got my name.

Good luck.  Let's be safe and avoid those explosions.

David Barwick
Black '88 Scirocco
Anthracite '84 GLI
Eugene, OR