Re: [Non Scirocco] A2 Jetta Question

On Sat, 23 Oct 1999 20:24:08 -0700 T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> writes:

>I picked up an 85 Jetta yesterday, mostly good, but a few questions.

DUDE!! Way cool!

>Q. Tach doesn't work. Fuse? Blown volt regulator on the Instrument
>panel?

Tough one. Could just be the tach itself. Could be ANYTHING between the
coil and the tach. I have a spare tach if you need one. I could bring it
with me. Say the word.

>Q. All I have to do to graft some Scirocco seats into this thing is
>remove the lower rail portion and rebolt the other seats to it, right?

Its a slide right in job. Well, not sure about the differences on the
MK-I seats but I know for fact that the MK-II seats will slide right in.

>Q. This thing has the air intake on the 'other side'. Is it Motronic?
>CIS-E?

CIS-E baby!

>Any good Jetta web sites?

Uhhhh, there are a few but I dont have the links handy. Somebody is
always advertizing a Jetta page in r.a.m.w.c.v.w.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and