[Non Scirocco] A2 Jetta Question

I picked up an 85 Jetta yesterday, mostly good, but a few questions.

I'll ask youze guys a couple of questions but I don't think a reply to
all is required, just to me would be OK.

Q. Tach doesn't work. Fuse? Blown volt regulator on the Instrument
panel?

Q. All I have to do to graft some Scirocco seats into this thing is
remove the lower rail portion and rebolt the other seats to it, right?

Q. This thing has the air intake on the 'other side'. Is it Motronic?
CIS-E?

Gonna get another Bentley but it's only been 24 hours yet.  :)

Any good Jetta web sites?

TBerk
Two car family.