Re: first repair! success...

Hell ya, man .
Doit yourselfers are damn good people in my opinion,
Good job.
As far as the idle my guess would be around or just under 1000rpm's too.
but if I where you I would buy a chilton or haynes book ( you'll use it ).
Even if you don't want to, just go into a parts store and act like you're gonna,
and look up the propper rpm setting. Unless some one on the list knows for shure.

Nathan