hey hey

hey guys, well im back, going to try the digest version
since it seems to be working well for me on the Corrado
list.

So how are things on the list? I've been kinda bummed to see
things progressing slowly on scirocco.org, It looks awesome
but need tech sessions! Uhh no im not volunteering! All the
new pics are great.

Umm hrm I still have 3 Sciroccos, well 2.5 really. I'm semi
trying to sell off my Rieger Sciroccos if you haven't already
seen my posts here and there on the net. Some really huge, but
detailed pics of the green one is up on my website
http://www.nol.net/~rts/scirocco.html
if ya haven't been there recently..hint hint...
The 81-S is going good, really flies with the p/p 1.7l, but
the real power is getting prepped as we speak. I guess about
a month or so is all that seperates me and the day of the
G60 swap. As soon as i start working on the actual wrenching
I'll post pics up, for now i'm just assembling the engine with
all the aftermarket goodies and prepping/painting stuff. In
the end I'm shooting for 1hp/7.5lbs...may not get there but
I'll try.

A big thanks to Dirk, with his euro connections, saved me a
ton of money from people that were trying to take advantage
of a euro only part.

I'm also doing a mk2 dash swap into my mk1. After pissing
over wiring diagrams in a vain attempt to get the fuel gauge
to work I realized it was the actualy circuit board that was
bad, thanks for the wiring help Brian. I should be getting a
new board soon from Lee over at H2O cooler.

oh yeah and i still have 0 rubbing w/ my 17" rims! booyeah!

Ryan
'87 Rieger Scirocco GTO/Evolution
'86 Rieger Scirocco GTO/Competition
'81 Scirocco-S 1.7l
'99 Passat 1.8T (now if the wife would just total it,
                 mmm 1.8T Roc)