Re: Door Handle Fix needed quick!

<x-flowed>When my outside door handle stoped working right I figured out it just
wasn't pushing the lever in the door far enough.  So what I did was take the
handel off (just one screw on the edge of the door(hope it's the same for
MKII's)) then pryed the now exposed lever out a litle, being sure to be
gentle then put everything back together and voila, working door handle.

Of corse if something is broken inside then you have a larger problem on
your hands. good luck.

Bryan Geiszler
'81 Scirocco
----Original Message Follows----

     OK I have an odd one. My Driver side door handle doesn't work anymore.
The inside one works but the outside doesn't pull enough to let the door
open. Now it usually wouldn't bother me so much but my passenger side doors
tumbler decided not to work as well. Leaving the trunk left. Its getting
cold
and I don't want to end up locked out of the car in the cold.

     Anyone have a fix for the tumbler or the outer door latch that doesn't
involve getting new pieces fitted to the car. Leaving for Toronto on
Thursday
night with the Rocco and need the doors to work right.

     Thanks
~Danny~
88 16v