Re: Door Handle Fix needed quick!

The lever on the door handle has probably had it - the door handle parts are made out of alloy & tend to crack & bend.  The moving parts on the lock mechanism are steel & tend not to break. The inside door handle operates on the lock levers, hence the reason for it still working.  Solution is probably find yourself another door handle. You can swap the lock barrel off your existing handle so you don't have to have extra keys.

HTH,

Ewan Hopkins.

>>> <XXSpArCoXx@aol.com> 20/10/99 05:56:17 >>>
    OK I have an odd one. My Driver side door handle doesn't work anymore.
The inside one works but the outside doesn't pull enough to let the door
open. Now it usually wouldn't bother me so much but my passenger side doors
tumbler decided not to work as well. Leaving the trunk left. Its getting cold
and I don't want to end up locked out of the car in the cold.

    Anyone have a fix for the tumbler or the outer door latch that doesn't
involve getting new pieces fitted to the car. Leaving for Toronto on Thursday
night with the Rocco and need the doors to work right.

    Thanks
~Danny~
88 16v

This footnote confirms that this e-mail message and any files transmitted
with it have been swept by the Computeraid IT Services Department for the
presence of computer viruses.

To find out about the Services Computeraid can offer, visit us at
                                                                                www.computeraid.co.uk