Re: fatty rear tires

<x-flowed>

>From: Nathan Malone <nmalone@sumagroup.com>
>To: Dale Witt <dalewitt@express-news.net>
>CC: Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Re: fatty rear tires
>Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 19:32:25 -0800
>From owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org Tue Oct 19 19:32:20 1999
>Sender: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>
>Damn good point man.
>Individualizm demands respect.
>Expecialy if you have the power to
>push it. If someone gave you crap
>about fat tires on the back of a fwd,
>and then you turned around and left
>them in the dust. They wouldn't have
>much to say.
>I think that kicks ass.
>I salute you sir, you shut me up
>on the fat rear tire subject.
>(unless someone has them with a stock eng.)
>(but not to say anything bad about a stock eng.
>just the combo of the two)
>
>Nathan

Dunno, nothing personal to those with wider rear tires on a FWD car, but to
me, it is the same as dual exhaust - not tips a la 16v, but two distinct
pipes, one on either side of the car on a 4 cylinder.

Nothing wrong with doing something because it "looks cool," but there's a
lot of people who base "looks" at least partially in function - there is
nothing functional about wider rear tires on a front wheel drive car.

To me, it looks silly, no matter how big the engine is.  Some people like
it.  That's OK.   It does not make the car faster.  It might make the car
"look" faster to those who don't know what they're looking at.  It
absolutely does not make the car handle better.

JC